Thursday, September 12, 2019

UK work visas for foreign graduates to be extended to two years

    Government returns to pre-2012 policy that Theresa May called ‘too generous’

    UK work visas for foreign graduates to be extended to two years
    Government returns to pre-2012 policy that Theresa May called ‘too generous’
    International students are to be offered a two-year work visa after graduating from a British university, the government will announce, overturning a key plank of Theresa May’s restrictive immigration policies.

    Currently, graduates with bachelors or master’s degrees are allowed to look for work for only four months. From next year all international graduates could qualify for a two-year period to work in the UK, increasing their chances of finding long-term employment after studying.

    The measure goes further than the Home Office’s latest immigration white paper, which proposed extending the four-month limit to six months and the limit for those with doctorates to a year.

    Visa extension to boost numbers of overseas students in UK after Brexit
    It is a return to the policy that was scrapped by the coalition government in 2012. Its members are braced for falling numbers of students from the EU in the event of Brexit.

    Alistair Jarvis, the chief executive of Universities UK, said the previous visa regime put the UK at a “competitive disadvantage” in recruiting international students.

    “The introduction of a two-year post-study work visa is something Universities UK has long campaigned for and we strongly welcome this policy change, which will put us back where we belong as a first-choice study destination,” Jarvis said. Government policy will prevent us from attracting them to live and work here.”
    The Department for Education (DfE) said the new immigration route would be available to international students “who have successfully completed a course in any subject at undergraduate level or higher at a higher education provider with a track record of compliance, and have tier 4 [visa] at the point the route is introduced,” starting from next year.

    The DfE said the route would allow students to look for work at any level, and allow them to later apply for longer-term work visas.

    Monday, August 19, 2019

    Study in Canada through Student Direct Stream

    Student Direct Stream:
    • Get Admission in the DLI listed institute
    • Pay your one-year tuition fee Advance
    • IELTS requirement for SDS
    • (Student Direct Stream) 6.0 Overall and each band 6.0 (For Postgraduate Certificate the institute requirements are IELTS 6.5 overall and each band 6.0 student must have this score to get admission.
    • Medical Certificate from the registered Doctor
    • Police Clearance Certificate
    • You have to show Guarantee investment Certificate
    • (GIC) worth of CAD Dollars $10000 (for the opening Bank Account in Canada mostly banks charges CAD Dollars 250. It's like a blocked account, once you get a visa and after your arrival in Canada, you can withdraw $667 CAD from the bank every month. It is the only financial proof needed (No bank statement or other financial documented is required for visa application)
    • When you completed all the above documents your application will be decided in 20 to 25 calendar days.

    Facts & Reality of studying in Canada & getting a work permit after studies
    • I will recommend always that explain students always get skill trade education in Canada because in 2 years he will be eligible for applying for a work permit and skill employment has more earning then regular studies.
    • Same as for the postgraduate student always recommend them to apply for a postgraduate certificate program because it has less time consuming and has more benefit to getting in a professional Canadian market early than a regular master degree.

    Working in Canada
    After your studies once you complete your Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s
    Degree or Postgraduate Certificate at a public post-secondary institution, you are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), allowing you to stay and work full-time in Canada. The duration of a Post-Graduation Work Permit depends upon the length of time you studied at a public post-secondary institution and the type of credential you completed. Generally, a Post-Graduation Work Permit is issued for a period of time equal to your length of study, up to 24 months. If you complete a Bachelor’s degree, you may obtain a
    Post-Graduation Work Permit for up to 3 years. You must apply and pay for your
    PGWP (currently $255) within 180 days of your Graduation.

    • Students can get work placement by the government institute for 300 hours.
    • Students who completed their study program they can get 2 years Postgraduate work permit.
    • After serving the Postgraduate work Permit students can apply for the Permanent Residence through different Canada immigration programs. For further details visit the link below
    • Students can apply with their family members
    • Students can work part-time during their studies and full time during semester breaks.
    • Students with family members their partner can get a full-time work permit without any job offer

    Permanent Residency
    You may also begin the Permanent Resident application process after working for 1 year with your Post-Graduation Work Permit.
    There are several categories under which a post-secondary graduate can obtain Permanent Residency:
    • Canadian Experience Class
    • Federal Skilled Worker Program
    • British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program

    Visit for the latest information about each of these options.
    Canada Designated Learning Institutes (DLI) List
    (All the institutes are Public Funded & Eligible for *Postgraduate Work permit & *Co-op)

    *Programs with Co-op Option
    Cooperative education (or co-operative education) is a method of combining classroom-based education with practical work experience. A cooperative education experience ("co-op") provides academic credit for structured job experience. Co-ops are full -time, paid or unpaid positions.

    *Post-Grad Work Permit
    The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience.

    List of the Public Institutes
    • Conestoga College
    • Hamber College
    • St. Lawrence College
    • Confederation College
    • Cambrian College
    • Red River College
    • Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
    • Sheridan College
    • Acsenda School of Management
    • St. Clair College
    • College of the Rockies
    • Assiniboine Community College
    • Langara College
    • Lakeland College
    • Niagara College
    • Sault College
    • Lethbridge College
    • Okanagan College
    • Selkirk College
    • Yukon College
    • Canadore College
    • Northern College
    • NorQuest College
    • Parkland College
    • Algonquin College
    • Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
    • British Columbia Institute of Technology
    • Blue Bird Flight Academy
    • New Brunswick Community College
    • Northern Lights College
    • Medicine Hat College
    • Georgian College
    • George Brown College
    • Fleming College
    • College of the North Atlantic
    • Fanshawe College
    • College of New Caledonia
    • Seneca College
    • Saskatchewan Polytechnic
    • Douglas College
    • Mohawk College
    • Centennial College
    • Holland College
    • Durham College
    • Coast Mountain College
    • Bow Valley College
    • Loyalist College
    • LRSD - Arts and Technology Centre
    • Olds College
    • University of Waterloo
    • Algoma University
    • Lakehead University
    • Mount Allison University
    • University of Lethbridge
    • University of Regina
    • University of Prince Edward Island
    • University of Northern British Columbia
    • Royal Roads University
    • Thompson Rivers University
    • Trinity Western University - Langley
    • Mount Saint Vincent University
    • University of the Fraser Valley
    • Fairleigh Dickinson University
    • Brock University
    • King's University College
    • New York Institute of Technology
    • Vancouver Island University
    • Cape Breton University
    • Trent University
    • University of Saskatchewan
    • Ontario Tech University
    • Western University
    • Concordia University of Edmonton
    • Yorkville University
    • Dhillon School of Business at University of Lethbridge
    • St. Thomas University
    • Adler University
    • University of New Brunswick
    • University of Windsor
    • MacEwan University
    • Kwantlen Polytechnic University
    • University of Guelph
    • Trent University
    • Wilfrid Laurier University

    Saturday, August 17, 2019

    The UK Visa Application Process for PLAB 2

    The UK Visa Application Process for PLAB 2
    After you have passed PLAB 1 you will then need to sit PLAB 2. At this stage you will then need to consider when you want to come to the UK and take the second part of the exam. This is because firstly, you will need to start preparing for the exam numerous weeks in advance. Secondly, you will need to apply for a UK Visiting Visa as soon as you have booked your exam.
    The application process is essentially broken down into two stages. The first stage is the online application for a UK Visitor Visa. The second stage is the submission of all required supporting documents in a Visa application centre.
    We advise you that when it comes to uploading the required supporting documents that you upload them all in one sitting. This will save you a lot of time in comparison to uploading them on multiple occasions.
    The Online Application
    First, the application will ask you to provide details such as your name, passport information, and national identity. Then it will ask you to provide your travel information and essentially an itinerary. This information should include the date you will arrive in the UK and the date you will leave the UK (A detailed travel itinerary should be provided in your cover letter).
    You will then be asked to provide the main reason for your visit to the UK. Here, we advise that you choose ‘business, including sports and entertainment’. Once you have answered no to the following options: travelling with an organised group, travelling with a spouse, visiting a company or being paid for a business activity, you will then see your reason: Take the PLAB or OSCE.
    Other details that the application will ask you to provide include personal and family information, employment details, how much money you plan on spending, accommodation details, any previous Visa refusals, and criminal convictions.
    Once you have provided all the required information you will then be taken to a declaration page. This page offers you to pick an appointment date with a Visa Application Centre. However, do not select a date if you have not uploaded all the required supported documents.
    What supporting documents will I need to provide?
    Your personal circumstance will determine what supporting documents you will need. Nevertheless, every applicant will have to provide two key documents. The first is a valid passport and the second is the evidence of your PLAB 2 booking confirmation.
    Other documents that typically help your application:
    ·         Cover Letter: Details on what to include in your cover letter are provided in the section below
    ·         Passport: Must be valid
    ·         Letter of employment: This letter should be provided by the hospital that you are currently working for confirming your employment.
    ·         Bank statements: If you will be supporting yourself financially for this trip then you will need to provide your bank statements, typically six months’ worth. However, if another person is supporting you then you will need to provide your own bank statements as well as the bank statements of your financial supporter.
    ·         Proof of accommodation in Manchester: As your exam is held in Manchester we advise you took book accommodation in this city and if you book in advance the price will be a lot lower.
    ·         PLAB 1 results: It would be useful to provide the application with a copy of the email which confirms your passing of the PLAB 1 exam.
    ·         PLAB 2 booking: Another useful document that could be provided is a copy of the booking confirmation that the GMC will send you
    ·         IELTS results: This will confirm that you are eligible to take PLAB
    ·         Primary medical qualification: The last document which will greatly support your application is evidence of your primary medical qualification.

    If you have any questions about applying for your PLAB 2 Visa then get in touch with us at  where we will be delighted to help you. Good luck!

    UK work visas for foreign graduates to be extended to two years

    Government returns to pre-2012 policy that Theresa May called ‘too generous’ UK work visas for foreign graduates to be extended to ...